Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

First jog of the journey

I am very proud of myself. I went for a jog/walk this morning around my apartment complex. I didn't have my ipod with my like usual and I believe it helped me focus. The music can be a distraction more than helpful sometimes. I estimated 1.2 miles of walking and jogging. I tried not to push myself too hard because I had done that in the past. Running is supposed to be fun, so go at your own pace.

Also, did I mention it is absolutely FREEZING outside? I am glad I brought my gloves but I definitely need a headband (or whatever you call those things that cover your ears) the next time I go out.

So now that I had my exercise in today, I will have to work on my eating habits. The problem is that we have some amazing donuts from Long's Bakery yesterday...and some of my favorite...the icing cream filled w/ chocolate frosting on top. My plan is to split one in half...and the other half will go to my boyfriend. That will be my treat for the day.

I have put up a recipe button that does not work yet but I will be working on it soon to get some yummy but healthy recipes on here for everyone following my blog.

No comments: