Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

After the holidays and working out after dark

The holidays were kind of brutal for trying to lose weight. However, I am still determined to get back into running which is a good sign. I have yet to run since Thursday (which was D4 wk2), so I had every intention of running after my rotation today but it was 5 minutes from getting dark once I got home not to mention the mounds of homework I needed to get done. Unfortunately I can't go for a run in the morning before I leave because it is dark then too. So if I cannot run before and after my rotations during the week, I need a plan of action. For tonight, I will find a workout routine that I can do in my apartment that does not include any jumping around (such as squats and sit-ups) and watch the season 13 premiere of The Biggest Loser for motivation. The episode is an hour long so my goal is to keep moving the entire time. Also another good motivation TV series is the Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss. I do not want to look like that when I try on dresses. My boyfriend helped motivate me some more over the weekend by reminding me what I told him. "I do not want to be engaged when I'm heavy."

So I just wanted to check in with you all and let you know how I was doing on my journey. Before the holidays I had lost 3 lbs. but I am almost positive I gained it back at New Years. It is only a minor set-back and the main thing is that I still have my motivation to workout.

No comments: